Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a quick and tasty taco casserole that my whole family enjoys.
- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 2 cups nacho tortilla chips, crushed
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and drain.
- Add the cheese, salsa, tomatoes and taco seasoning.
- Drain pasta and stir into beef mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with tortilla chips.
- Bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through.
We liked this. My husband said 5 stars. I added a little bit if water because I was scared it would be dry, after reading reviews. You would think that a can of diced tomatoes and jar of salsa would be enough but it wasn't. I also added sliced black olives. I put Doritos on half the dish and baked. Glad I did! I didn't like it like that. I added some more to my plate. Like it better crunchy. And some sour cream to top it. My daughter didn't like it but she is 8. Probably the salsa she didn't like.
Nice recipe that came together quickly. I used ground turkey and a mild salsa, as I can't handle spicy heat well. Oddly, I did not experience a dry casserole. Also, I did not do the second baking step. I just added the chips at the end when serving. :)
This has a really nice flavor and was easy to put together, although I found it to be a bit too dry also. Next time - more sauce or less noodles. Thanks.