Recipe by anita martinez
This recipe is very easy. No measuring. It makes great left overs and can be used as a dip.
Top Review by Cassaroo
This was easy to prepare. I must admit, it isn't an "attractive" dish, but it tastes great. I used "bake" tortilla chips and half the cheese to cut a little fat out. My husband and I had it for dinner two nights in a row, and the second night it was even tastier. Thanks for the quick meal idea.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes with jalapeno peppers (optional)
- 1 can mexican style beans
- 1 bag tortilla chips (I use doritos or tostitos)
- 2 bags of shedded mexican style mixed cheeses (depending on how cheesy your family likes it you may need more)
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet brown hamburger.
- After brown add seaoning.
- Then add tomatoes, tomato sauce, and a handful of cheese.
- Wait until cheese is melted and then add beans and some crumbled chips (about 1/4 of them).
- Let simmer for about 10-15 min.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- When chips are soggy add entire mixture to casserole dish and top with layer of chips and cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted and chips are crisp.
- About 20 min.