Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I once found this recipe on Mccormick.com, but have since adjusted it to my own preferences. It's a simple recipe that, though called casserole, doesn't need to be baked at all! It's considered a comfort food by my DH and I, and has been used at parties.
- 1 lb hamburger meat
- seasoning (to taste)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- tortilla chips
- cheddar cheese (optional)
- lettuce (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- green onion (optional)
- Take a large pan and brown the hamburger meat. Make sure to season the meat for your own tastes, it'll add an extra kick to the dish in the end. Drain the juices.
- Add the taco seasoning and water to the meat. Simmer for 5 minutes, or as per directions on the packet.
- Stir in the tomato sauce and corn, bring to a simmer once more.
- Dish into bowl and add favorite toppings, such as cheese, lettuce, sour cream, and green onions.
- Use the tortilla chips as your spoons, or crumble them on top!
- This recipe is also good OAMC and can be frozen in a casserole dish and reheated later in the oven.