Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Haven't tried yet.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans, in sauce undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons taco sauce or 2 tablespoons picante sauce or 2 tablespoons salsa
- 2 -4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups coarsley broken tortilla chips
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 medium green onions, sliced (1/2 c.)
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped (3/4 c.)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- shredded lettuce (optional)
- additional taco sauce, if desired (optional)
- Heat oven to 350.
- Cook beef in 10 inch skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain.
- Stir in beans, tomato sauce, taco sauce, chili powder and garlic powder. Heat to boiling, stirrng occasionally.
- Place tortilla chips in ungreased 2 quart casserole. Top with beef mixture. Spread with sour cream. Sprinkle with onions, tomato and cheese.
- Bake uncovered 20 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Arrange additional tortilla chips around edge of casserole if desired.
- Serve with lettuce and taco sauce.