I orginally came across this recipe about 15 years ago from a coworker. Since then this has been a well loved recipe in my house. I garnish it with sliced olives and avocado.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans (undrained)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce or 2 tablespoons taco sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese or 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- tortilla chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown Ground Beef and drain.
- Stir in beans, chili sauce, chili powder and garlic powder.
- Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Place tortilla chips in an ungreased 9x13 casserole dish.
- Top with beef mixture.
- Spread sour cream on top.
- Sprinkle with onions, tomato, and cheese.
- Arrange additional tortilla chips around edges of casserole.
- Bake uncovered 20 - 30 minutes.
omg....this was so good though it felt like it was missing something. maybe next time i will put a little more fire in it also my dh said he would like to try it with homemade refried beans next time
Yum! Made this for OAMC. Divided and placed into individual freezer bags. One will be baked as a casserole, per your directions. The other will be used to make fractured tacos. Thanks for posting!
The kids liked this recipe that I fixed them for lunch today. I used light sour cream and did not miss the extra calories at all. I'd suggest greasing the side of your pan. It did stick a little. Thank you for sharing your recipe. I made this for the Spring PAC 2007 game