Recipe by SaraBellaBean
I orginally came across this recipe about 15 years ago from a coworker. Since then this has been a well loved recipe in my house. I garnish it with sliced olives and avocado.
Top Review by Fluffy_is_#_1
omg....this was so good though it felt like it was missing something. maybe next time i will put a little more fire in it also my dh said he would like to try it with homemade refried beans next time
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans (undrained)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce or 2 tablespoons taco sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese or 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown Ground Beef and drain.
- Stir in beans, chili sauce, chili powder and garlic powder.
- Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Place tortilla chips in an ungreased 9x13 casserole dish.
- Top with beef mixture.
- Spread sour cream on top.
- Sprinkle with onions, tomato, and cheese.
- Arrange additional tortilla chips around edges of casserole.
- Bake uncovered 20 - 30 minutes.