Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This has to be the best recipe. I got this recipe from a friend and I make it often. The spice is just right and the taste is too!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can rotel
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) bag tortilla chips
- Brown ground beef.
- Add taco seasoning, mushroom soup, beef broth, and Rotel tomatoes.
- Bring to a simmer. Simmer for about 5-10 minutes.
- Pour chips into bottom of casserole dish (leave whole).
- Pour beef mixture over chips.
- Place sliced cheese on top.
- Bake at 375° for about 10 minutes or until cheese looks melted.
I made this last night and it was awesome - a delicious twist to tacos! I used Taco flavored Doritos and added shredded lettuce, sour cream and salsa after coming out of the oven and putting on our plate - very yummy!! This ones a keeper!! Thanks for sharing!
I loved the simplicity of this recipe. However, a can of tomatoes and a can of mushroom soup, plus taco seasoning made it really salty. My chips were salty too, which didn't help. Maybe using fresh tomatoes will reduce the sodium.
This has really great flavor. The original recipe called for 8 ounces of chips and a 9x13 which would have made a very thin layer of the meat sauce and cheese. I used an 8x8 with 4 ounces of chips and it was perfect for the sauce and would serve 5 as is or 6 with a side salad. I used 90% extra lean ground sirloin which reduced the calories and fat a little and I added a small can of green chiles. The avocado and sour cream (which were adds that I made) made it great!