Recipe by Nessa, Texas Housewife
This is one of DH's favorites. He and the kids just devour it! It is very easy and fast to get together. This was his Granny's recipe.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) can ranch-style beans with jalapenos
- 10 corn tortillas
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1⁄4 lb Velveeta cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces shredded lettuce (I use 1/2 an 8oz. bag of preshredded lettuce)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Brown ground beef with garlc. Drain and reserve grease.
- Pour entire can of beans into food processor and pulse until the reach a paste consistency. (I have done this with a potato masher).
- Mix ground beef into bean mixture.
- Heat reserved grease back up. Dip the corn tortillas in until just softened. I usually just put them in, wait a sec, flip over, then remove. (You can add some vegetable oil if you do not have much beef grease) Drain on paper towels.
- Oil a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Take a tortilla, fold in half. Then spread the beef mixture on one side and close. This is almost like filling a taco. Place in pan. Do this to all the tortillas.
- Mix the tomato soup with 1/3 cup of water. Pour over tacos.
- Cover the top of the casserole with shredded lettuce.
- Top the lettuce with thinly sliced Velveeta.
- Bake until the Velveeta is melted.
- We eat this with crackers and a nice salad.