Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This delightful dish uses leftover taco fixings. It's easy to put together and tasty enough to serve to company.
- 3 cups leftover taco-seasoned cooked ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups biscuit mix or 1 1⁄2 cups baking mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a large bowl, combine the taco meat and beans.
- Ppoon into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk and biscuit mix until moistened. Pour over cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Spread with sour cream. Top with lettuce, tomato and olives.
I found this recipe while flipping through an old issue of Quick Cooking Magazine (Jan/Feb 2005).<br/>A good way to use up taco leftovers, and fairly quick too. Some of us didn't care for the biscuit topping as I think there was too much. If I make this again, I'll reduce the biscuit topping. Thanks for posting.