- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 2 1/2-quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef over medium-high heat.
- Remove from heat and drain if necessary.
- Stir in tomato sauce, onion, taco seasoning mix, and garlic powder; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream and cottage cheese; set aside.
- Place half of the tortilla chips in the casserole dish and top with half of the ground beef mixture, then half of the sour cream mixture.
- Sprinkle with half of the Monterey Jack cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 to 35 minutes, or until cheese melts and casserole is heated through.