Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 2 1/2-quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef over medium-high heat.
- Remove from heat and drain if necessary.
- Stir in tomato sauce, onion, taco seasoning mix, and garlic powder; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream and cottage cheese; set aside.
- Place half of the tortilla chips in the casserole dish and top with half of the ground beef mixture, then half of the sour cream mixture.
- Sprinkle with half of the Monterey Jack cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 to 35 minutes, or until cheese melts and casserole is heated through.
This was very good, My kids loved it. I left the garlic powder out. And put lettuce, tomatoes, onions, salsa and sour cream on the side. I'll make this again real soon.
Very good. My boys like tacos so this was a hit. Easy to make.
I've made this casserole 3 times, and it's always a hit with my family! It's a great way to use up those bottom of the bag chip crumbs. The only thing I do differently is simmer the beef, tomato sauce, and taco seasoning together for about 15 minutes. Great recipe!