Doing it Right's Note:
Another recipe posted for future use. It is from Joanna Lund. I can't wait to try this. Typical "Mexican" food won't fit into my diet plan, but this one will fit nicely. Prep times are estimates. The recipe says it can be frozen successfully. Only 295 colories per serving. The Diabetic Exchanges per serving are: 2 Protein, 2 Vegetable and 1 starch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large skillet sprayed with cooking spray, brown meat, onion and green pepper.
- 3Add tomato sauce and taco seasoning.
- 4Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- 5Stir in cooked noodles.
- 6Pour into a 8-by-8-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- 7Bake 15-20 minutes.
- 8Top with Cheddar cheese and bake another 10 minutes or until cheesemelts.
- 9Let set 5 minutes before serving.
- 10HINT: A full 1 3/4 cups uncooked noodles usually make about 2 cups cooked.
- 11To freeze: Assemble as directed. Cover well with foil and freeze.
- 12To serve: Thaw in the fridge and bake as directed.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.6
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 749.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 20.4 g