Recipe by FLUFFSTER
Another variation of the classic hamburger! It goes on and on! This will become one of your favorites.Chop up some jalapeños for those with the cast iron stomach. Chipotle peppers are smoked jalapeños. They usually come in cans and have a vinegar based sauce. You can omit the egg if you serve your meat rare or medium-rare.Ole'.To add as note re: the burger patties not holding together, after reviewing all of the reviews, it is my descision not to change the recipe. I make these often and have never had the problem. If recipes like meatloaf, etc.and this one don't hold together, more breadcrumbs are needed. If too dry, add some more liquid such a a few drops of water.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
I have been wanting to make these for a long time and I'm so glad I finally got around to doing so, these are fantastic, they have tons of flavor, I doubled the recipe and added in 2 heaping tablespoons fresh garlic and a chopped onion, did them on the grill and wow, wow, wow were these delicious! thanks Fluffy for this great recipe I will make again soon!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup of your favorite salsa (or try mine #21831)
- 1 large egg
- 0.5 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise (I use best Foods, or in the east, Hellmans(sp)
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo (from a 4 oz.can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce)
- sliced tomatoes
- chopped fresh cilantro
- chopped red onion
- monterey jack pepper cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare:.
- Combine the beef, 1/2 cup salsa, egg (if using) and the 1/2 packet of taco seasoning.
- Mix in large bowl.
- Shape into 4 even burgers. Place the mayonnaise and chipotle chile in blender. Cover and blend until nice and smooth.
- Grill or broil burgers, turning once, until desired doneness. Serve on buns topped with chipolte chile mayonnaise and choice of toppings.
- Serve with your favorite corn tortilla chips.