- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 tomatoes
- lettuce (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- 6 hamburger buns (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine beef, seasoning mix, crumbs, and egg. Mix well and make 12 patties. Top six patties with cheese evenly divided. Place remaining six patties over the top; seal edges.
- Preheat grill (or broiler or whatever you use). Place patties on rack. Cook 10 minutes on medium high, turning once. Place on buns and then top with tomatoes.
- Sour cream, salsa, lettuce, or guacamole can also be toppings for this burger.