Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
burger night just got a whole lot better!! UPDATE: i made this again taking luvs 2 cook's advice & adjusted the seasonings...we just love these burgers!! made them a few times this summer, even tried diced green chili instead of salsa...i think i like that even better!! so i made the changes below...
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 lb ground beef
- 0.5 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 4 tablespoons taco sauce or 4 tablespoons salsa
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- saute onion, garlic & jalepeno in olive oil until soft; let cool.
- in a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients & form into patties (should make about 6).
- bbq to desired doneness (approx. 10 minutes).
- top with pepper jack cheese & serve on a toasted bun with more taco sauce instead of ketchup.
- you can use the other half of the taco seasoning packet to make fries by cutting potatos into fries & tossing with olive oil & remaining taco seasoning then baking at 400 for about 20 minutes.
We enjoyed these. I used a whole package of taco seasoning but only 1 pound of meat and I followed the rest of the recipe. THAT made it a little chili powder heavy so next time (and there will be a next time) I'll follow the recipe and not accidentally put in a whole taco seasoning envelope in it.
My family enjoyed these burgers but they seemed a little bready to me. What's not to like??? tacos are great at any time. I think the next time I will decrease the breadcrumbs and the salt.