Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My own invention! Made them for the first time for supper tonight and my hubby loved them.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1⁄3 cup tortilla chips, finely crushed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce (optional)
- Mix above ingredients, shape into patties and barbeque.
- Serve on hamburger buns with your favourite taco toppings.
- We had them with chile con queso, sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes and pickled jalapeno rings.
Sorry, just not a big fan of taco seasoning in my burgers. I tried it with high hopes, but I'd rather have either normal tacos or normal burgers.
Excellent burger loaded with flavor - I cut the recipe back to 12 oz - no problem. Served without a bun along side some chili Mmmm Used Ranch corn chips (hot) Will make again and this time have it on a lovely Jalapeno bun.
I used ground turkey breast for the meat. It turned out moist and the flavor was very good. We used the toppings listed in your intro. Will make again. Thanks CrystalB. Bullwinkle.