Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Courtesy of Parenting Magazine, February 2006.
Make and share this Taco Bowls recipe from Food.com.
- 20 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 1⁄4 ounces reduced-sodium taco seasoning mix
- 8 ounces shredded reduced-fat monterey jack cheese
- 8 ounces shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Trim about 1/2 inch from the edge of each tortilla. Push the tortilla into nonstick muffin tin and bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick pan, sauté turkey over medium heat, breaking apart large chunks and stirring occasional until the meat is cooked through, about ten minutes. Add taco seasoning mix and 2/3 cup water and simmer meat about 5 minutes.
- Fill each tortilla cup with 2 tablespoons of cooked ground meat and top with a large pinch each of shredded Monterey Jack and cheddar cheese. Bake 10-12 minutes, until cheese is melted and cups start to brown.
- ~~~~You could use a Texas-sized muffin pan that has 6 cups. That way you wouldn't have to cut off any of the tortilla. An added benefit would be more filling for each. You'll have less of them but they could be used for a luncheon.~~~~.
Easy and really good! I used Homemade Taco Seasoning for my seasoning. One of my favorites is taco salads :) Thanks for sharing!
This is a nice way to 'dress up' a standard taco meal. I used the large muffin pan (6 muffins to a pan) so didn't have to cut my tortillas. And I used all the full-fat stuff! Presentation was very nice, the tortillas were crispy but thicker than crispy corn taco shells; a nice change from the ordinary.
We made these last month and really enjoyed them. The kids ate them as is but me and hubby topped our with sour cream and some salsa. Great easy recipe that the kids love to help with!!