Recipe by Karen=^..^=
This is a delicious easy casserole for anyone who loves mexican food. It's family friendly and great for parties.
Top Review by Laudee
To Karen Monahan: Yum, Yum!! This little dish is so tasty and so easy to throw together. I just made 1/2 a recipe and it was just right for the two of us. Kinda think I might top it with homemade green chili next time I make it. Thanks a bunch for posting. Laudee C. Colorado
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups biscuit mix (Bisquick)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese or 2 cups Mexican blend cheese
- taco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brown ground beef in frying pan over medium heat and drain.
- Add taco seasoning mix and water according to package directions and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place meat into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and milk.
- Add biscuit mix, salt and pepper and mix until well combined.
- Pour over ground beef.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Spread top with sour cream and sprinkle with lettuce, tomato, onions and cheese.
- Drizzle with taco sauce and serve immediately.