Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I've search high and low on the internet. I've dug deep. I've looked in every recipe site I could find. Yet somehow, no one on the internet has posted a recipe for Taco Bell's chicken burritos. You know, the ones with the avocado ranch sauce. The most delicious item on the Taco Bell menu. Somehow, this great oversight has gone unnoticed by anyone but me. No longer. Here is the recipe. (Note: very few of the amounts are exact. I'm estimating. I didn't measure. Usually if you estimate with this blend it will be okay).
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces enchilada sauce
- 2 cups uncooked medium grain rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- 1⁄3 cup ranch dressing, depending on the size of your avocado
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese, to taste
- 10 -16 tortillas (varies by size)
- Pound out the chicken breasts until they're thin and flat. Sprinkle most of the spice mixture evenly over the chicken breasts. Make sure they're well-seasoned.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice in a pot or rice cooker (the latter produces better results). Once it's done, mix it with the remainder of the spices and the enchilada sauce.
- Grill the chicken; allow to cool and slice.
- Mash the avocado and mash in the ranch dressing, salt, and lime juice.
- Warm however many tortillas you wish to make burritos with.
- To construct a burrito, lay out a tortilla and spoon on some of the avocado sauce. Spread it over the middle of the tortilla. Then spoon on a few tablespoons of the rice, followed by a sprinkling of cheddar cheese. Place the chicken on top of the cheese, add more avocado sauce to taste, and roll up the burrito. (Lime juice and salsa verde are also wonderful on this if you wish.).
- Microwave the final burrito for about 20 seconds just to make sure everything is warm. Enjoy! They taste incredibly like Taco Bell's.