Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The best nachos ever. Exactly like Taco Bell XXL nachos - except you won't be paying $5.99 for the batch! Follow the recipe exactly as I have tested and perfected it for my family and friends. Leave off the Jalapenos if you don't like any spice.
- 4 cups corn tortilla chips
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, remove seeds, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup salsa (use my "Salsa Queens" Copycat recipe. See link below)
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup mild cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can black olives, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, remove stem and seeds, chop
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup guacamole
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix ground beef, jalapeño pepper, chili powder and salt in skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until meat is browned. Drain fat. Stir in the salsa and ground cumin. Simmer for 2 minutes. Arrange chips in a large baking dish & add meat mixture, then cheeses, onion, olives & red bell pepper. Bake until warm & cheese melts - approx 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven & top with sour cream and guacamole.
- * Here is link to my Sauce Queens Copycat Signature Salsa: http://www.food.com/recipe/sauce-queens-copycat-quot-signature-salsa-quot-512859.
I made this recipe exactly as written. It tasted good and was very filling. I really liked the flavors of the jalapeno peppers, green onion and olives, but I prefer a creamier cheese over the nachos. Sprinkling the monterey jack and cheddar cheese on top and putting it in the oven gave a firmer, grainy texture to the cheese instead of the smooth creamy cheese that I am used to. Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2014.
Yes I made this as well. and the nachos was very very delicious! but i struggled with the cheese as well. It wasn't grainy for me but it had more of a pizza cheese effect basically holding everything together. I would prefer a creamier cheese as well. how ever it all tasted wonderful! I would recommend making this as a movie night snack with your family or a lover. and sitting around the tv watching a nice horror movie!