Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
This copycat recipe is on many websites, but wasn't on zaar, so i posted it. Better than those storebought packages.
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Combine and store in an air-tight container.
- Notes: To make taco meat, brown 1 lb ground beef in skillet; drain.
- Add seasoning mix and 3/4 cup of water.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
I made two batches of this tonight and it is wonderful. It took just minutes to make and it taste great. I used it in My Sisters Taco Soup which is a soup that my sister gave to me.(Yes I posted it here)I have a batch redy o go for the next time. I will never use the store bought stuff again.
UPDATE:12/27/12 Over the weekend before Christmas we had dinner at my son's dads place and his Step mom was out of taco seasoning and was about out the door to the store to get some. I got on my phone and got this recipe up, my son made it and not a complaint one form any one, I don't think anyone even noticed the difference.
I don't leave reviews very often, but had to for this. I've been looking for a homemade taco seasoning recipe for a loooong time. My husband is very, very picky on what flavors he likes, and the ones I've made in the past were not strong or flavorful enough. My husband also LOVES taco bell, and we used to frequently get the taco bell seasoning packets at the store. We both love this so much we only make this, and my husband said it's much better than the packets at the store.
It was very good! Stop buying the taco seasoning. My son said it tastes like Taco Bell!