1/1 Photo of Taco Bell Taco Meat for Soft or Hard Shells
I use the Top Secret Recipe cookbooks and have found the Taco Bell Beef Soft Tacos taste pretty close, enough that we don't go there anymore! I use this meat for crunchy homemade tacos as well. This recipe calls for fat-free flour tortillas, and cheese. I have made them both ways-fat full and fat free.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef (preferably 7% fat)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash onion powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 5 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded iceberg lettuce, plus
- 2 tablespoons shredded iceberg lettuce
- 5 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 1In a medium bowl combine the uncooked ground beef with flour and all the spices. Use your hands to throroughly incorporate everything into the ground beef.
- 2Preheat skillet over medium heat and add the beef mixture to the pan along with the water. Brown the beef for about 5-6 minutes. Use a wooden spoon to break up the meat as it cooks.
- 3You could heat up the tortillas a bit in the microwave by wrapping them in a moist cloth or paper towels. Heat for about 25 seconds.
- 4Spoon 3 tablespoons of meat into center of tortilla. Place about 2 tablespoons of the shredded lettuce ontop.
- 5Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon cheese over lettuce.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Bell Taco Meat for Soft or Hard Shells
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.8
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 61.5 mg
- Sodium 1174.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 24.7 g