Recipe by Member #610488
Copycat of the famous Taco Bell Green Sauce.
Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
Fantastic! My mind is racing thinking of all the ways I want to use this delicious sauce. I always liked Taco Bell's verde sauce, but, this is even better. I bought 5 lbs. of tomatillos at the farmer's market. I think I'll make a triple batch of this sauce and try freezing it. Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe.
- 1 lb fresh tomatillo
- 3 large jalapeno peppers, seeded
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Husk tomatillos and cut in half. Stem and half peppers.
- Boil tomatillos and peppers in chicken broth for 10 minutes. Strain, reserving broth.
- Combine tomatillos, peppers and remaining ingredients, except for the oil, in a blender and mix until almost smooth.
- Heat oil in frying pan until very hot.
- Carefully add the tomatillo mixture and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly until dark and thick. Add reserved broth to mixture and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook until thickened, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Chill.