Recipe by Member #610488
This is a copycat recipe of Taco Bell's Crunch Wrap Supreme that is so outrageous, you have to try it.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon, powdered
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon mild paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 6 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 6 tostadas, shells warmed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- cooking spray, for frying
- 1 (15 ounce) jar queso sauce (Taco Bell Salsa Con Queso Cheese Dip)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef until halfway cooked. Use the spoon only to break the ground beef into chunks.
- Remove the semi-cooked meat from the skillet and add to a food processor. Pulse until the meat is a finely ground consistency. Drain the pan of the grease that has already cooked out of the meat.
- Add the meat back to the skillet and bring it to medium heat. Add the onion flakes, garlic powder, cornstarch, cumin, paprika, chili powder, salt, cayenne powder and sugar.
- Cook for two minutes, stirring to evenly distribute the add-ins and then pour the water over the meat. Simmer uncovered until the meat is cooked through (10 minutes).
- While meat is simmering, transfer eight to ten tbsp (depends on how much cheese sauce you want) of salsa con queso cheese dip into a bowl. Quickly zap in the microwave until it is liquid hot. Keep warm.
- When ready to serve, lay out one flour tortilla and add a spoonful of the meat mixture to the center then top with a similar size spoonful of cheese dip. Top the meat and cheese mixture with a tostada shell and plop down one tablespoon of sour cream on top.
- Add some of the tomatoes and shredded lettuce over the sour cream and then, working counter clockwise, fold the edges of the flour tortilla up over the meat, cheese, tostada, tomato, and lettuce pile. Continue to fold until it is completely wrapped and in the shape of a hexagon.
- Heat another medium skillet over high heat and grease with some cooking spray. Fry the flour tortilla on each side until it gets a nice golden brown crust (1-2 minutes per side). While one is frying, make another wrap. Serve with a copycat Taco Bell Sauce, like red sauce, fire sauce or green sauce.