Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This is a recipe I found during my pregnancy. I craved Wolf Brand Chili and canned tamales. Most of you may think that is gross but, when a pregnant woman has a craving, there's no use trying to stand in her way.
Top Review by Bebee
Wonderful recipe! We loved it! Easy to fix after a busy day. Lots of peppers coming out of the garden right now. So always looking for something different to do with them. Deffinitly a keeper. Will keep the ingredients on hand for this one. Bebe
- 6 medium green bell peppers
- 1 (15 ounce) can tamales
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili with beans (I use Wolf Brand)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 cups tortilla chips, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut green peppers in half lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- Remove the wrappers from the tamales; cut tamales into 1/4-inch slices.
- Mix together the tamales, chili, 3/4 cup cheese, onion, and ketchup; stir to combine.
- Spoon tamale mixture into pepper shells.
- Place stuffed peppers in an electric skillet.
- Add enough water to 1/4 inch depth.
- Cover and simmer 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the peppers.
- Top with crushed tortilla chips.
- Simmer, uncovered, 1-2 minutes longer until cheese melts.