1/6 Photos of Taco Bell Mexican Pizza - Copycat
A friend gave me this recipe and it was an immediate hit with our family and friends. Adapted from www.TopSecretRecipes.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon diced minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder (Spanish is best)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1/3 cup diced tomato
- 2/3 cup mild picante sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1Cook the ground beef over medium heat until brown, then drain.
- 2Return meat to pan and add the salt, onions, paprika, chili powder and water.
- 3Let mixture simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- 4Heat oil in frying pan over medium-high heat.
- 5When oil is hot, fry each tortilla for about 30-45 seconds per side and drain on paper towels.
- 6Be sure to pop any bubbles that form when frying so that the tortilla lays flat in the oil.
- 7Tortillas should become golden brown.
- 8Heat refried beans.
- 9Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 10Stack each pizza by first spreading 1/3 C beans on one tortilla.
- 11Next add 1/3 C meat, then another tortilla.
- 12Top the second tortilla with 2 T of salsa.
- 13Divide the tomato, cheese, onions and olives evenly and top in that order.
- 14Bake for 8-12 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Bell Mexican Pizza - Copycat
Serving Size: 1 (447 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1217.5
- Calories from Fat 809
- Total Fat 89.9 g
- Saturated Fat 23.9 g
- Cholesterol 93.3 mg
- Sodium 2037.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 38.7 g