Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Tasty Taco Bell ground beef mix from CopyKat.com. I can't believe it's not on Zaar yet! I made it tonight for buritos and it was great! Pretty close to Taco Bell's. Can't wait to try with tacos too!!
- 1 1⁄3 lbs lean ground chuck
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons masa corn flour (I didn't have any so therefore omitted and didn't miss it a bit)
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon beef bouillon
- Mix together all ingredient except the meat.
- Stir the spice mixture well making sure that all spices have been blended well.
- Crumble ground beef and brown stirring well.
- Remove from heat, rinse with hot water and drain water and grease from beef.
- Return beef to the pan and add spice mix.
- Add 3/4 - 1 cup water to ground beef and seasoning and simmer on medium low temperature for 20 minutes. Simmer until most of moisture has cooked away. Remove from heat when moisture in meat as dissipated but meat is not dry.
- (I mixed in a can of refried beans at the end and some Mexican Blend Cheese and served with warmed flour tortillas.).
This recipe was good - I had all the ingredients - And I would make it again - However it does not taste anything like taco bell meat - Tastes more like the store packets.
Loved it, left out the corn starch, I didn't have any, but never missed it at all. Great recipe ! Thank you for posting.
The masa is the key. I have been looking for a recipe to replace store bought packets.. This is it Thank you for posting.