For those of you who live in a place where Taco Bell does not sell their classic Chilito (and judging from Net, this includes alot of places), you can simply make them at home! This recipe is something I developed through trial and error. It is VERY close to the taste of the original. It also has that perfect "chilito" texture. Enjoy!! Important Note: The hot sauce called for in the recipe is Taco Bell's Hot or Mild Sauce (DO NOT USE the Fire sauce) You can make your own Taco Bell Hot Sauce: http://www.recipezaar.com/Taco-Bell-Hot-Sauce-45527
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown the hamburger and crumble into very small pieces; drain, but reserve some of the fat.
- 2Place hamburger back onto heat and add flour and mix until it is thick.
- 3Add the beans and heat through.
- 4Add the hot or mild sauce 1 packet at a time until you achieve that 'chilito' taste (usually 8 packets will do).
- 5Add the cheese, enough to make a big gooey mess, under medium heat.
- 6Taste, and you might need to add a little more sauce.
- 7Now here is the trick for that 'chilito' texture:.
- 8Take a tortilla and run warm water all over it to soften. The pop it in the microwave for 20 seconds to "steam" it.
- 9Fill tortilla with hot chilito filling, fold, and eat it. There will be a smile on your face.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Bell Chilito (Chili Cheese Burrito) Recipe!!!
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.8
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 56.7 mg
- Sodium 276.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 20.0 g