This is a makeover of grandma2929's Taco Bell Chicken Quesadilla into a lighter healthier and lower sodium version. I don't think flavor was compromised on here.
- 2 tablespoons low-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream or 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons minced canned jalapeno slices
- 2 teaspoons jalapeno juice, from canned jalapeno slices
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Splenda granular
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 zucchini, sliced long thinly
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 (8 inch) reduced-fat tortillas
- 1 cup light cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Prepare creamy jalapeno sauce by combining all ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and chill so that flavors develop. Stir occasionally.
- Preheat your barbecue grill to medium heat Spray grill with low cal cooking spray.
- Salt and pepper each side of each chicken breast and the vegetables.
- Grill for 3-5 minutes per side.Lightly grill the vegetables until done. Cut zucchini in smaller slices. When chicken is done, slice it very thin.
- When you are ready to build your quesadillas, preheat a 12" skillet over medium low heat.
- When the pan is hot, lay one tortilla in the pan. Arrange about 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese and 1/4 cup of shredded cheese on half of the tortilla.
- Arrange about 1/4 cup of sliced chicken and fourth of the vegetables over the cheese.
- Spread about 1 tbls of jalapeno sauce over the tortilla on the half with no ingredients on it.
- Fold the sauce-covered half of the tortilla onto the ingredients on the other half and press down with a spatula.
- Cook for about 1 minute, then turn the quesadilla over and cook for a couple more minutes or until the cheese inside is melted.
- Slice into 4 pieces and serve hot.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.