Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is based on the Taco Bell Chicken Fajita recipe. I played around with it a little. I've never eaten at Taco Bell, but this comes out fantastic.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons crushed chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips (1 to 1 1/4 lb.)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup cooked rice
- Combine all of the spice ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cook and stir chicken in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet 5 minutes on medium-high heat. Add spice mix, water, green pepper, and onion; cook and stir on medium heat 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Add cooked rice and mix.
- Place tortillas on microwavable plate. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on high 1 minute.
- Spoon chicken/rice mixture onto each tortilla. Roll up tortillas.
This was an easy recipe with a good taste. I did only use half of the salt as others suggested. Made for Please Review My Recipe
Holy friggin' yummy! I've never eaten a chicken fajita from taco bell, but the spices DO taste like their spicy burrito seasoning. I made it as written except using dried onion flakes instead of onion powder and minced garlic instead of garlic powder. My spice loving DH was very excited to read the spice ingredients list and he wasn't dissapointed once they were ready!
Made for Healthy Choices ABC 2008. The flavor of these was fantastic and I'm already thinking that it would be good with beef or pork as well. I made a double recipe as I have two hungry young men in my house along with DH and DD and I knew that one pound of chicken just wouldn't be enough. As one of the other reviewers noted that it was quite salty, I did halve the amount of salt and it was just right. I will most definitely make these again, but I may only make half the sauce as they were a bit saucy and our tortillas fell apart. Other than that it was fantastic! Thanks mosma for posting this recipe!