Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A family favorite, I make this all the time. You can serve it as a dip with chips, or sometimes I'll make it as a main dish and put it in taco shells. This disappears every time I make it, so you might want to make a double batch.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 1⁄2 cup water (or another 1/2 cup beer instead of water)
- 6 tablespoons tomato paste (approx. 3 ozs.)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Add taco seasoning.
- Stir in water, beer, and tomato paste.
- Simmer, covered for 10 minutes.
- Put in oven safe casserole dish or small ramekins.
- Add cheddar cheese to top.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips or in taco shells.
This is a super easy recipe and so tasty!! I made it for a potluck and it went really fast. I didn't use beer, but used all water instead. Served it with tortilla chips. This recipe is a keeper. Thanks so much for sharing it! :o)