Recipe by Montana Heart Song
Created for Dining on a Dollar Contest 2010 I used brown rice as per the ingredient list but you can substitute Calrose white rice, You can also add a 4oz. can of diced jalapeno peppers or diced green peppers, mild, medium or hot. I would not personally put the whole can of jalapeno peppers in it but some people do like it very spicy and hot. Warm the tortillas.
- 118.29 ml spaghetti, broken 1 inch pieces
- 236.59 ml brown rice, uncooked
- 29.58 ml margarine or 29.58 ml butter
- 14.79 ml chicken broth, mix (Sysco ) or 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 425.24 g can black beans, with liquid
- 29.58 ml dried onion, minced
- 453.59 g hot water
- 4.92 ml ground red chili pepper
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 425.24 g can tomato sauce
- 8 corn tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- In large frying pan add spaghetti, brown rice and margarine.
- Stir on medium heat until spaghetti and brown rice starts to turn a golden color.
- Add opened black beans with juice, minced dried onion chicken broth base or bouillion cubes, hot water, chili pepper. ground cumin, black pepper and tomato sauce.
- Stir to mix all ingredients.
- Cover and turn heat to low. Simmer 20 to 25 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Take off when spagetti and rice is cooked and liquid absorbed.
- Serve with warmed tortillas.