1/1 Photo of Taco Bean Rice a Roni
Montana Heart Song's Note:
Created for Dining on a Dollar Contest 2010 I used brown rice as per the ingredient list but you can substitute Calrose white rice, You can also add a 4oz. can of diced jalapeno peppers or diced green peppers, mild, medium or hot. I would not personally put the whole can of jalapeno peppers in it but some people do like it very spicy and hot. Warm the tortillas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup spaghetti, broken 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth, mix (Sysco ) or 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, with liquid
- 2 tablespoons dried onion, minced
- 16 ounces hot water
- 1 teaspoon ground red chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1In large frying pan add spaghetti, brown rice and margarine.
- 2Stir on medium heat until spaghetti and brown rice starts to turn a golden color.
- 3Add opened black beans with juice, minced dried onion chicken broth base or bouillion cubes, hot water, chili pepper. ground cumin, black pepper and tomato sauce.
- 4Stir to mix all ingredients.
- 5Cover and turn heat to low. Simmer 20 to 25 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- 6Take off when spagetti and rice is cooked and liquid absorbed.
- 7Serve with warmed tortillas.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Bean Rice a Roni
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 441.0
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 451.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 14.4 g