Recipe by Andrea Christine
This is not my recipe. I found this in my recipe manager on my computer. I think it came with the program but it sounds good.
Top Review by VA
DS and DH liked this a lot. Lots of substitutions could be made (black olives, green chilis, spicy salsa, crushed tortilla chips). It was easy to put together - thanks for sharing - will make again!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 (8 ounce) packages crescent roll dough
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup prepared salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in skillet over medium heat until no pink remains.
- Drain fat and rinse, if desired.
- Add taco seasoning and prepare according to package directions (use 1/2 amount of water if using 1/2 pkg. seasoning).
- Unroll one tube of crescent rolls and place on bottom of 9" x 13" cake pan.
- Press seams together and spread out to cover bottom of pan.
- Bake in 375 degrees F oven until rolls just start to brown.
- Cover dough with hot beef mixture; then spread sour cream over beef using a teaspoon.
- Sprinkle with cheese and drizzle with salsa.
- Unroll second tube of crescent rolls and carefully spread out over top, pinching together seams where possible.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Let set 10 to 15 minutes, then cut into squares.