Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great hearty topping for baked potatoes. Makes a full meal. I found this recipe several years ago in Taste of Home magazine.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 4 hot baked potatoes
- 4 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- salsa (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- In a skillet, brown beef; drain.
- Add taco seasoning; prepare according to package directions.
- With a sharp knife, cut an X in the top of each potato; fluff pulp with a fork.
- Top with taco meat, cheese and onions.
- Serve with salsa and/or sour cream, if desired.
We love Taco Baked Potatoes! Have been making them for years! Here is what I do: Rub a large potato with vegetable oil, mix together salt, pepper, a little ground cumin and chili powder and sprinkle on the outside of the potato before baking. Adds lots of flavor. Follow recipe exactly, I also finish it with diced avocados and crushed tortilla chips! Very pretty presentation!
WOW! It's hard to improve on the classic baked potato, but THIS does it! Sooooo yummy. I followed exactly, except using light ingredients such as low fat cheese, extra lean ground beef, and light sour cream. I used pace picante sauce. I also used Recipe #203463 to cook the potatoes, which worked great and made this super fast. This is going straight into my Zaar Star cookbook! Thank you so much for sharing!
This is such a great recipe for kids! I gave each one of mine a baked potato and just put all the toppings at the dinner table so they could fill them with whatever they liked. It's so much easier for them to eat than tacos that break apart. My family now calls them "Potacos".