Recipe by Chris from Kansas
This is a great hearty topping for baked potatoes. Makes a full meal. I found this recipe several years ago in Taste of Home magazine.
Top Review by Winegrammie
We love Taco Baked Potatoes! Have been making them for years! Here is what I do: Rub a large potato with vegetable oil, mix together salt, pepper, a little ground cumin and chili powder and sprinkle on the outside of the potato before baking. Adds lots of flavor. Follow recipe exactly, I also finish it with diced avocados and crushed tortilla chips! Very pretty presentation!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 4 hot baked potatoes
- 4 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- salsa (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, brown beef; drain.
- Add taco seasoning; prepare according to package directions.
- With a sharp knife, cut an X in the top of each potato; fluff pulp with a fork.
- Top with taco meat, cheese and onions.
- Serve with salsa and/or sour cream, if desired.