Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this from Kraft.com and the family REALLY loves it. My teenager who works at Mc Donalds was mad at me for making it when he had to work! LOL
- 14 ounces kraft deluxe macaroni & cheese dinner mix
- 6 cups water
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup chips, crushed
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Boil the macaroni in 6 cups or more of water until done.
- While Macaroni cooks, brown the hamburger meat and drain.
- When the macaroni is tender mix in the cheese sauce
- Add taco seasoning mix and water to meat and simmer 5 minute.
- Stir sour cream into the macaroni dinner.
- Spoon half the macaroni mixture into an 8 or 9 inch pan.
- Top with Taco Meat.
- Top with 1 cup of the cheese.
- Top with remaining macaroni mixture.
- Bake 15 minute.
- Top with remaining cheese, salsa, and chips.
- Bake 5 minute.
- *note 1 any Macaroni will do but it really needs to be one of the creamy kind like velveeta shells or macaroni deluxe.
- *note 2 The best crushed chips I have found to use for that taco taste is Chili cheese fritos.
- *note 3 You can add in any vegetables you want in the layers to make it a complete meal.
My husband and step son loved it but I did not care for it....