Prep 25 mins
Cook 6 hrs
6-8 servings for 5-7 points for Weight Watchers. This recipe is core.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 (1/16 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 8 ounces whole wheat macaroni (shells)
- 1 (4 ounce) can mild green chilies
- 2 cups fat-free cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, brown beef and onion; drain fat.
- Add tomato sauce, water and taco seasoning; mix well.
- Simmer 20 minutes.
- Transfer beef mixture to a crockpot.
- Stir in macaroni and green chilies.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours.
- In the last 30 minutes of cooking top with cheese.