Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love tacos, and this is like them without the taco shells. this a wonderful Tex-Mex dish to serve to guests or family.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa (your choice)
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef and drain fat.
- Mix in taco seasoning.
- Spoon browned meat into a 13 x 9 inch glass baking dish.
- Spoon a layer of refried beans over meat, then the salsa.
- Top with the shredded cheese.
- Bake about 20-25 minutes in the preheated oven.