Recipe by CheesyGal
This sounds great - I have not prepared it yet. I got this from the Kraft Food and Family magazine.
Top Review by Chat07
This was a really good recipe! My two year old loved it and asked for more! I did not layer it, I just mixed it all up and topped it with cheese. This will be fixed often at our house!
- 1 (14 ounce) packagekraft macaroni & cheese dinner mix
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix (taco bell home originals preferred)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream (breakstone "or" knudsen preferred)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup salsa (Taco Bell Home Originals thick 'n chunky preferred)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare dinner as directed on package.
- While macaroni is cooking, brown meat and drain.
- Add taco seasoning mix and water to the meat; simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir sour cream into prepared dinner.
- Spoon half of the dinner mixture into 8-inch square baking dish; top with layers of the meat mixture, 1 cup of the cheese and remaining dinner mixture.
- Bake 15 minute.
- Top with salsa and remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.