Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great to keep on hand for a quick snack! For extra kick add jalepenos or other hot peppers to the mix.
- 10 miniature bagels, cut in half
- 2 -3 cups cooked ground beef
- 1 green pepper, finely diced
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 300 g cheddar cheese, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning (prepackaged or make your own Bulk Taco Seasoning Mix)
- 1⁄4 cup salsa (mild or hot, your preference)
- Lay bagels on large cookie sheet.
- Combine remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Top each 1/2 of the bagel with about 2-3 tbsp of mixture.
- Flash freeze on cookie sheet for about 3 hours or until topping on bagels is firm.
- Transfer to large freezer bag, label and freeze.
- To serve: Bake from frozen at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and cheese melts.
These are amazing! I cooked the meat and taco seasoning along with some minced onion, cooled it, and added the cheese, and peppers.These froze so well. I actually forgot the salsa, and they were still amazing. Thanks, I will be definately be making these again.
Great idea!! I used leftover seasoned taco meat and omitted the peppers. I broiled them for about 5 mins and they were perfect! Dh loves and these will become a staple in our house. Thanks!
I made these on english muffins and froze for when I had my daughter. they were very good and it was so nice to have some lunch foods already prepared.