Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy to make. Came from a friends cookbook. I use a baking rectangle dish. I fix this when a few friends come over to watch football.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies (chopped)
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup barbecue sauce (HONEY)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- corn chips (scoops)
- In a skillet, cook the beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Add water and taco seasoning; simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese and milk;.
- Spread on a 14-inch serving platter or pizza pan.
- Top with the meat mixture. Sprinkle with chilies, tomatoes, onions and lettuce. Drizzle with HONEY barbecue sauce. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Serve with corn chips.
This is YUMMY!! The only change I made was i used Catalina dressing in place of the BBQ sauce. (That's what I use in my Taco Salad.)
I made this to serve with our appy night and it was the hit of the evening. We loved the sweet taste the bbq sauce gave to it. The only change I made was to use pickled jalapeno's chopped in place of the canned green chilies. This is so easy to prepare and makes a great presentation. This is a keeper. Thanks for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2011.
YUMMY!!! Loved it! Thanks!