Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
My friend brought over this delicious appetizer and the honey barbeque sauce drizzled on this makes it unique and flavorful.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened (light is good)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 8 ounces chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped lettuce
- 3⁄4 cup honey barbeque sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink, drain. Add water and taco seasoning. Simmer 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese and milk; spread on a 14 inch serving platter.
- Top with meat mixture. Sprinkle with chilies,tomatoes,onions and lettuce.
- Drizzle with barbeque sauce. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Serve with corn chips or tortilla chips.
This was heaven!!! Even DH rated this 5 stars, which is high praise! I originally saw this posted in a food magazine and was going to post it, but thankfully jellyko did it for me. I skipped the water and added the seasoning directly to the beef, a trick I learned. I forgot the chiles and drizzled the bbq sauce directly on top of the meat. We couldn't stop ourselves from devouring most of it in one sitting. This will be a family favorite for years to come!!!