Recipe by jellyko
My friend brought over this delicious appetizer and the honey barbeque sauce drizzled on this makes it unique and flavorful.
Top Review by MrsKnox2016
This was heaven!!! Even DH rated this 5 stars, which is high praise! I originally saw this posted in a food magazine and was going to post it, but thankfully jellyko did it for me. I skipped the water and added the seasoning directly to the beef, a trick I learned. I forgot the chiles and drizzled the bbq sauce directly on top of the meat. We couldn't stop ourselves from devouring most of it in one sitting. This will be a family favorite for years to come!!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened (light is good)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 8 ounces chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped lettuce
- 3⁄4 cup honey barbeque sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink, drain. Add water and taco seasoning. Simmer 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese and milk; spread on a 14 inch serving platter.
- Top with meat mixture. Sprinkle with chilies,tomatoes,onions and lettuce.
- Drizzle with barbeque sauce. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Serve with corn chips or tortilla chips.