Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
The world will never run out of appetizers! Speaking of running out, don't let these tasty appetizers run out! These go great with all kinds of chips, nacho, rippled potato chips, seasoned tortilla chips, even crackers.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can jalapenos or 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1⁄4 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 lb monterey jack cheese, grated
- Line an 8 or 9-inch round or square pan with cream cheese.
- Brown meat.
- Add taco seasoning.
- Let cool, then spread over the cream cheese.
- Layer onions, peppers and tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle cheddar and Jack cheeses on top.
- Bake at 300°F for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve with nacho chips.
Such a hearty, simple appetizer I never would have dreamt it up. Great recipe.