Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A cool, summer meal all ages will enjoy! Found this recipe in a local grocer's magazine!
- 150 g taco chips
- 946.36 ml head lettuce, shredded
- 538.64 g black beans, drained and rinsed
- 236.59 ml salsa
- 78.07 ml corn kernel
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 59.14 ml light sour cream
- Arrange the taco chips on the outer edeges of four dinner plates. Divide and set lettuce in the center.
- Combine black beans, salsa and corn in a bowl, and then divide and spoon onto the lettuce.
- Arrange avacado and sprinkle cheese around the bean mixture. Top bean mixture with a spoonful of sour cream.
Super easy and super good!!! This is a great summer salad that keeps your kitchen cool because no cooking with the oven!! I used red lettuce and longhorn cheddar cheese. I had a really hot salsa so I just put a dollop on top with my sour cream. Also added a bit of homemade ranch dressing that I had! Threw a red fresno pepper from my garden on top for garnish. Good stuff, will make again, thanks!!!