1/2 Photos of Tabule (Arabic Salad) - Tabbouleh
This middle Eastern recipe is easy to make, is very popular in the United States and all over the world. It is very tasty, nutritious, and can be served with any meal, or by itself. The Parsley is an excellent source of Vitamin C, and the Bulgur high in Fiber. Everyone loves tabule and almost everyone serves again.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup fine Bulgar wheat (cracked wheat)
- 2 -3 large ripe tomatoes, diced
- 4 bunches of chopped parsley
- 1 bunch of chopped green onion
- 1/2 bunch of chopped fresh mint or 3 tablespoons dried mint
- 1/2 cup olive oil or 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 lemons, juice of
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- 1Soak Bulgur (cracked wheat) in water and drain.
- 2place Bulgur in a large bowl and add juice of one lemon to Bulgur and mix.
- 3leave bulgur sitting until water and lemon juice is absorbed (around 45 minutes).
- 4Add all remaining ingredients to Bulgur and mix well. add more lemon juice or salt if desired.
- 5Serve over fresh lettuce leaves.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tabule (Arabic Salad) - Tabbouleh
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.3
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1174.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: