This middle Eastern recipe is easy to make, is very popular in the United States and all over the world. It is very tasty, nutritious, and can be served with any meal, or by itself. The Parsley is an excellent source of Vitamin C, and the Bulgur high in Fiber. Everyone loves tabule and almost everyone serves again.
- 1⁄2 cup fine Bulgar wheat (cracked wheat)
- 2 -3 large ripe tomatoes, diced
- 4 bunches of chopped parsley
- 1 bunch of chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 bunch of chopped fresh mint or 3 tablespoons dried mint
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil or 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 lemons, juice of
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- Soak Bulgur (cracked wheat) in water and drain.
- place Bulgur in a large bowl and add juice of one lemon to Bulgur and mix.
- leave bulgur sitting until water and lemon juice is absorbed (around 45 minutes).
- Add all remaining ingredients to Bulgur and mix well. add more lemon juice or salt if desired.
- Serve over fresh lettuce leaves.