Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great summer salad for your family gathering.
- 1 lb bulgur (cracked wheat)
- 7 cups boiling water
- 1 lb parsley, finely chopped
- 5 ounces mint, finely chopped
- 1 quart green onion, finely chopped
- 2 lbs tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups lemon juice
- 7 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, preferably freshly-ground
- Put bulgur into a large bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Let stand 30 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, if the bulgur seems dry, add a little more boiling water.
- After 30 minutes, if it has extra water, drain it.
- While bulgur soaks, prepare parsley, mint, etc.
- After bulgur cools, add parsley, mint, onions and tomatoes.
- Stir to mix well.
- Cover and chill until serving time.
- Makes 50 servings.
- In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, Canola Oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour over salad and toss.