Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is very Middle Eastern with the bulghur and mint--and as easy to make as it is good to eat.
- 354.88 ml water
- 354.88 ml bulgur
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 bunch fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 10 fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 59.14 ml Wishbone Italian dressing
- Soak bulghur in water for 2 hours.
- Add the minced garlic, chopped onion, chopped parsley, chopped mint leaves and mix well.
- Add the Italian dressing [or make your own dressing of 1 part vinegar to 3-4 parts olive oil or safflower oil].
- Gently fold in the chopped tomatoes.
- Refrigerate to chill [you can put this in the freezer for 30 minutes if you want to chill it fast!].
Yum! The dressing for this recipe is not very authentic Middle East flavours but the salad tasted very nice. Wishbone Italian dressing is not available in my region so I made House Italian Dressing. I gave this recipe a go because our garden has heaps of parsley and tomatoes so I wanted to use them, and the fact that we love tabouli. The flavour really worked really well together. Thank you carrie sheridan