Recipe by carrie sheridan
This is very Middle Eastern with the bulghur and mint--and as easy to make as it is good to eat.
Top Review by Chef floWer
Yum! The dressing for this recipe is not very authentic Middle East flavours but the salad tasted very nice. Wishbone Italian dressing is not available in my region so I made Recipe #14864. I gave this recipe a go because our garden has heaps of parsley and tomatoes so I wanted to use them, and the fact that we love tabouli. The flavour really worked really well together. Thank you carrie sheridan
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups bulgur
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 10 fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Wishbone Italian dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak bulghur in water for 2 hours.
- Add the minced garlic, chopped onion, chopped parsley, chopped mint leaves and mix well.
- Add the Italian dressing [or make your own dressing of 1 part vinegar to 3-4 parts olive oil or safflower oil].
- Gently fold in the chopped tomatoes.
- Refrigerate to chill [you can put this in the freezer for 30 minutes if you want to chill it fast!].