- 1 cup soy grits (TVP) or 1 cup gluten-free textured vegetable protein (TVP)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, washed and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh mint leaves, washed and chopped or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 large ripe tomatoes, washed and diced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the boiling water over the soy or TVP granules, cover, and allow to stand until most of the water is absorbed (about an hour). Squeeze any remaining liquid out of the granules before placing in a large mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients. Add more lemon juice and mint to taste. Toss together, cover the bowl, and refrigerate at least an hour before serving. The flavor actually improves the second day. Makes about 4 large servings.