Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Wonderful Tabouli! Great for a light snack!
- 1 cup Bulgar wheat
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 tomatoes, diced finely
- 4 -5 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 2 cups fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice (or more to your taste)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Place uncooked bulgur in a bowl; pour boiling water over it and let it soak for about one hour (stir occasionally). Drain well in a strainer.
- Return bulgur to the bowl and add all other ingredients; mix well.
- If you like heat, add Cayenne powder to taste.
- I also add more lemon; it's up to your taste.
- Chill for 2 hours or until the bulgur is soft and not crunchy.
This is basically the same recipe I use although I don't add mint. I do add about a 1/2 of a teaspoon of cumin which adds a nice nutty flavor which is great.
A big hit! The recipe as is would be great! I just added a diced cucumber and a can of chick peas. Yummy!
I added some minced garlic and increased the lemon a bit for a bright and yummy salad. I madly happy about a meal under 200 calories with very low sugar content. Can't wait to try this in summer with fresh mint in place of the dried that I used this time.